Priority Switch and A Lot of Love


I will be married a month this Saturday and so much has changed within my heart. In a good way of course.
The Love I have for my husband is one I thought was only for others or was just not possibly true concerning another person.
I remember attending a wedding and seeing the bride so happy. I mean overflowing with happiness. She was being loved and kissed by her husband and she looked so carefree and beautiful. So alive in every way and I thought "WOAH wait a minute here this looks real, I mean the Love and happiness I see it looks genuine."
I will never forget that picture in my head.
The day I got married and even more so the morning after I was incredibly happy. I mean "outside of myself" happy, This has to be unreal sort of happiness. I had never experienced such Joy concerning another person.
The morning after I woke up to kisses, a bible reading and breakfast in bed.
What sheer joy that was and still is.
I felt loved, safe and cared for.
And it has not changed,
Now I know that with time a couple grows and sees new sides to one another and there will be disagreements but concerning others "well intended advice" let me offer some advice back.
If you feel trapped in your own marriage don't make comments like "oh that's it, it's over you're TIED DOWN."
WHAT!!??? My response back was "Why did you get married than?"
Or the ever popular
"IT'S OVER FOR YOU"
UHHHHHH why???
I found that some people will offer their experiences negative included and expect you to feel the same.
Some were
- You are going to cry to go back home.
- You will be annoyed at the clothes he leaves on the floor.
- Little things are habits he does will annoy you.

Well no I never cried to go back home although I love my family.
I am thankful I have an amazing man to pick up after and wash his clothes. And I know this isn't a newlywed thing because, not having something for so long and finally being blessed with it, believe you appreciate every little thing about it.
And NO, I am not looking to be annoyed by little things he does or doesn't do.
Now I am not perfect and no one is. I know there will come time of disagreements and change but I would hate to expect the bad all the time.
I think it is good to adopt the habit of thinking the best of people. It helps you filter out an expectation of bad. Not everything is a potential argument and I pray that I myself am simply pleasing to be around.
One thing I am certain of is that a relationship takes work,
But even the word "WORK" can sometimes sound exhausting. Working at a marriage is joyful work and a blessing.
I write this in hopes that marriage will be seen as a joy and a blessing designed to make one selfless yet loved. Designed to make us like Christ. And that people is a good thing.
Pray your marriage is filled with fresh love every day. I do for my own.

4 comments:

Najera Family said...

Very encouraging words! I had shared with someone a few months ago, how it is in our marriage that we live out that definition of love:selfless commitment to another's well being. We no longer are two seperate individuals but one, but better yet, we are now one with Christ. And because of that it is a joy to be selfless and to serve our better half, knowing that our Lord Jesus is glorified! I have been married for 15 years(unfortunately not all of those years serving the Lord), There is nothing I would want to change, It has been my pleasure serving my husband. Thanks to God's mercy and grace we are able to see each other throught His eyes, therefore making our marriage beautiful, not perfect, but enjoyable and afresh each day. Thanks Theresa for sharing.
-Sara

andy najera said...

great attitude to have..

Unknown said...

so great T!

Anonymous said...

Hello! As I was searching for some information in the web I run into your blog. By some funny chance I live in a small town with the same name as your surname, so I thought of sending you this lines...

My name is Isabel and I live in Najera. La Rioja, Spain

my email is fundarci@yahoo.es