The Beauty of Trusting and the Grace to Follow!




My husband and I are right outside Las Vegas at UNLV for a football mini camp this week. Since we have been traveling, I have had such a new found trust in him.
While driving up here from Brownsville I sat there trying to be a good and alert co-pilot all to discover after our 18 hour drive to Chandler Arizona just how much I trust him.
Here is this man who promised to take care of me no matter what and I can see that to be true in so many ways. I thought of how there were many different ways that my life could have ended up but for a reason that God only knows here I am watching my husband pursue a career in football And the Lord has called me to pray and bless him; encourage him and stay by his side after every game and practice.
No matter what he ends up doing as a job or career I know that I must be his biggest "cheerleader" and with my words and prayers bless him. I am seeing the importance of running alongside him as a partner in all this and understanding that this just isn't his life and passion but how it is now my life too. Who knows what God will do with all of this but I have seen just how much my husband loves me this past week and that is very very humbling. God has been gracious to me and is showing me so much through this and i am thankful. In everything unfamiliar I know that Christ is constant and he has given me a wonderful husband to hold my hand through the unfamiliarity and change.

2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

so great T :)

Savannah said...

I had no idea you got married! CONGRATS! I am so happy for you :) You look like a great couple. How's married life? Any kids yet??